JOB TITLE: Receptionist
DEPARTMENTS: Reservations + Conference +Front Desk
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
A position has become available for a Receptionist in the newly refurbished Best Western Carlton Hotel, Blackpool. The position offers the National Minimum Wage with a bonus scheme and workplace pension. You will be computer literate and have numeracy skills. This role is to support all aspects of the hotel’s operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– To operate Fidelio, Holidex Plus, Internet and Windows XP. Work with Merlin on ensuring hotel compliance to brand standards.
– To accept verbal and written reservations and to input reservations into the computer to the hotel standards.
– To liaise with other departments to ensure that service standards are delivered across all departments.
– To answer calls quickly and courteously at all times
– To ensure the Reservations departmental task lists are completed for daily, weekly and monthly tasks
– To know the current status, availability and promotions on offer and to ensure the team is aware.
– Monitor the room count and close out Holidex Plus as and when necessary support the other hotels in their channel activity.
– Have full knowledge on all rates and promotions available throughout the group, supporting sales through referral and the management of data bases.
– Send out typed group proposals, confirmations, contracts, brochures and any other information as requested within 48 hours
– Respond to all internet enquiries within 24 hours
– Process and monitor non-arrival charges within 24 hours
– Monitor social networking sites and respond to customer feedback. To ensure emails are managed effectively and efficiently in accordance with company standards
– To comply with the hotel credit procedures at all times
– Ensure the reservations team prepares and checks all correspondences for individual reservations and that all customer data is captured correctly.
– Adhere to the company’s code of professional conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook
Applicants for this position should forward your CV to email@example.com