Manage the Reception Team to deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. You will be responsible for leading the Reception team to exceed guest expectations, delivering a high brand standard of check in and check out, management of reservations systems to deliver Budgets; and ultimately manage the team through a process of training and appraisals to deliver all targets set.
At Holiday Inn we want people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Duties & responsibilities
- Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk.
- Aim to increase existing business by recognising sales opportunities.
- Maximise revenue and occupancy levels, to budget, by proactively managing all aspects of the Reception procedures.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Supervise and lead the team to deliver exceptional results in line with budgets agreed.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with company policy, local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure staff is properly trained on IHG Brand Standards, systems, security and cash handling procedures, PCI, service and quality standards.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Train as an IHG Loyalty Champion to lead the team to achieve Loyalty Enrollment & Loyalty Recognition targets.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Hold a high level of knowledge of the local area, and competitor hotels.
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This job is the top Reception role at the hotel and reports directly to the Deputy General Manager and General Manager. Leading and supervising all receptionists and night team.
Qualifications & requirements
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 2 years’ Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
To apply, email your full CV to the General Manager Carrie-Louise firstname.lastname@example.org !