Reporting to: Finance Director
Responsible for: Head Office Account Assistant
Location: 10 Penn Road, Beaconsfield, HP9 2LH
Purpose of post
- To manage the central finance function of the hotels, to ensure that accurate management and financial accounts are produced consistently in line with company accounting policies and timetables. You will work alongside the General Managers to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Additional responsibilities include actively working with the senior team to undertake new development appraisals and monitor the capital expenditure for the existing hotels.
As a head of department you will provide financial expertise and leadership in all aspects of financial reporting and audit across the group.
- Prepare monthly management reports and analysis, reviewing with General Managers and complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- Audit of existing finance systems to ensure accuracy of coding and data capture. Support of new openings and acquisitions to migrate properties onto current finance platforms.
- Monitor conduct and compliance at business level, record keeping process to include PCI compliance.
- Audit the controls in place at each hotel and advise/support the implementation of practices to maximise profit.
- Provide support in the preparation of budgets and business plans for each hotel.
- Implement revenue controls and audit cost control and process.
- Consolidation of reports and prepare statistics and analysis on trading.
- Produce reports as required to meet the needs of the company.
- Oversee the management of the debt ledger, manage applications for credit, and monitor credit levels in line with defined limits to reduce company risk.
- Monitor and advise on the purchase ledger, ensure compliance to the purchase order system, highlighting and advising on potential cost savings.
- Ensure there are correct inventory controls in place for the purchasing, receiving and movement of stock and review stock holding days.
- Review staffing structures/support payroll costs and ensure compliance to minimum wage.
- Forecast payroll costs including NI and income tax on a weekly basis.
- Cash book, bank reconciliation, review statements and reconcile at month end.
- To co-ordinate the production of monthly management report bundles and, through analysis draft the Executive Summaries for Board review.
- To assist in the production of reports and data feeds into internal business systems.
To carry out all duties of the post in accordance with the Equal Opportunities policy of the Company at all times
- Identifying improvements to processing and systems and reporting these to management.
- Assisting the team to achieve its deadlines.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by their changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Good luck!