We are looking for a Maintenance Attendant. 25 hrs a week, flexible days and early evenings, plumbing skills are a plus.
More details below. Apply now!
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform preventative and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of the hotel inventory and assets such as tools, furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Promote teamwork and quality service throughout daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Communicate with all hotel departments staff to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to request.
- To attend any meetings and training sessions as required for the position.
- To apply the company Human Resources policies and procedures as necessary.
- To be fully conversant with all facilities and services at the hotel.
- To be conversant with the responsibilities and duties of staff and management at the hotel.
- Ensure our guests receive an exceptional level of service and want to return.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and provide service to exceed their expectations.
- Take appropriate action with regards to guest feedback.
- Comply with brand, hotel and company operating standards.
- Adhere to departmental Standards of Performance.
- Ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage, wear and tear.
- Assist with on-going departmental cleaning, collect any litter, remove/report hazards.
- Understand departmental risk assessments and be trained against them.
- To recommend practical, efficient and cost saving solutions for all future needs.
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest
- Have a flexible approach to the hours you are required to work to meet the needs of the business
- Carry out preventive maintenance programme to ensure facility is maintained and in service for guests, always using specific PPE as required.
- To check and respond to issues with plant, machinery and hotel equipment.
- To carry our any minor remedial decorative works such as domestic painting and tiling.
- To carry out any minor remedial work for general plumbing, electrical or carpentry defects.
- To work closely with the Housekeeping team to ensure that all the bedrooms are kept to company standards
- To be fully conversant with the hotel Fire, Security Health and Safety and Crisis Procedures, ensuring protection of guests and company data
- To ensure routine maintenance is carried out to the required company standards in the following areas:
- Fire equipment and alarm testing
- Emergency lighting testing and general lighting
- Water temperature checks
- Filters and extractors cleaning on refrigeration and air conditioning units, water treatment and heating units
- Children and accessible facilities check and operating
- Record keeping of all maintenance tasks
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today!