Holiday Inn Express Leeds Armouries are now looking for a Guest Service Assistant Day and Nights.
The Front Desk is often the first point of contact and the first impression for guests. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us. To deliver a great guest experience – a Front Desk Agent will check in and out guests efficiently, and make sure they have all they need for a great stay.
Duties and responsibilities
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner recognising IHG Rewards Club Members and also returning guests
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location
- Ensure required identification is taken from guests at check-in in line with local legislative requirements
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximise hotel revenue
- Answer, record and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns
- Record guest preferences in the system
- Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes in line with hotel procedures
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
- Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behaviour to the supervisor or manager on duty
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests.
Qualifications and requirements
- High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
- One year front desk/guest service experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Opera/Fidelio is preferred but not essential.
- Some college/university preferred.
- Must speak fluent English. Additional language skills preferred but not required
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Basic computer skills to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Being passionate about people and service
- Strong communication skills essential when interacting with guests and employees
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Please apply with your CV to Thato Black, General Manager at email@example.com