Here is your opportunity to join one of the world’s most global hotel groups and Starboard Hotels first Days Inn.
Days Inn Wetherby are now looking for Guest Service Assistant to join their team.
We need attentive people with a sense of service and pride, who always put the guest first, You need to be self motivated and be able to work without constant supervision. As Guest Services Assistant, previous experience working front of house within a hotel is preferred but not essential. You will be the first point of contact for all residents and guests visiting the hotel so good customer service is essential. The hours are shared on a rota basis, 7am until 3pm or 3pm until 11pm and will include working weekends.
- To provide a personable first point of contact to anyone entering the hotel.
- To be responsive to all situations professionally, promptly and efficiently.
- Responsible for maintaining floats and settling guest bills accurately.
- Provide efficient communication to all team members and management.
- Under the guidance of the General Manager and the Deputy General Manager, abides by hotel operating procedures.
- To assist in up-holding superior service and product quality.
- To actively contribute towards a Team performance philosophy to ensure the hotel is a “Showroom” to all prospective franchisees, guests and public.
- Ensure all guest receive prompt, cordial attention and a warm ‘sunny’ personal recognition
- Ensure the desk is covered at all times
- Ensure that guests receive the standard check-in & check-out as set by Starboard Hotels and Wyndham Hotels
- Ensure the telephone is answered within 3 rings in a professional manner and that all messages, calls and faxes are passed on accurately without delay
- Ensure Wyndham rewards Club members and quotas are met on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the front desk is fully stocked with stationary and other essential supplies, informing the Guest Services Manager when stock has run out.
- Know all the corporate rates and ensure that corporate guests receive the correct recognition
- Monitor Front Office to ensure that all repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
- Carry out guest requests i.e. faxing, photocopying
- Ensure that all charges are correctively posted
- Comply with the brand standards and philosophy of Wyndham and Days Inn
- Manage the guest service function to ensure corrective action is taken to resolve guest complaints and ensure superior guest service is delivered, liaises with Guest Service Manager when it has not been possible to resolve a problem
- Check and ensure that in house guest credit limits are not exceeded; blocking interfaces when necessary in order to protect the hotels revenue stream
- Complete tasks and functions assigned by Guest Services Manager within the deadline given
- To liaise with other staff in relation to staff shortages and pro-actively covers shifts when necessary
- To fully understand and be confident in the hotel book-out procedure as set out
- Ensure all Front office equipment is working correctly reporting any faults to the Guest Services Manager
- Understands all Meet and Greet standards and conference procedures
- Liaise with Guest Services Manager to ensure all double bookings and all non-guaranteed bookings are released at the appropriate release time i.e. 4p.m
- Liaise with the Guest Services Manager to ensure all third party websites are closed when hotel is full
- Ensure all corporate guests have special requirements met i.e.; specific room
- Assist Guest Services Manager in providing an efficient handover, ensuring all floats, PDQ’s and Opera -balance and all issues from previous shifts are resolved or handed over for resolution
- Ensure that all guests are kept up to date and informed of all developments to enquiries they may have
- Ensure that all registration cards are accurately filled out and signed by guest, complying with UK Law
- Ensure that all public areas are clean and of the highest standards at all times
- Ensure that music is played in reception in line with time of day, public holiday etc.
- Ensure the conference room is cleared down or set up for the next day as-per daily business sheet
- Ensure room has correct door signage as-per business sheet
- Ensure vending machines are fully stocked
- Check and sign for deliveries ensuring that what is on purchase order is in delivery and that delivery note is attached to purchase order afterwards
- When making reservations ensures that the best rate possible is sold and that the reservation in entered using the correct rate/source/market code
- Know the names of company senior management i.e. Chairman, Executive Director
- Understand hotel sales strategy, rates, contracts and corporate accounts
- Offer all local information which the guest may request from the hotel (transport links, restaurants etc)
- Understand brand standards and hotel operating procedures
- Motivate and support all other staff
- In times of adversity, maintain composure and provide a clear, calm assistance to the Guest Services Manager in providing solutions
Health and Safety
- Manage and maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, employees and hotel assets by implementing and maintaining loss prevention and safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene and Fire Life Safety and hotel security.
- Fully understand Emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged in a timely manner and reported to the Deputy General Manager & General Manager
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations
- Comply with grooming standards as set by management
- Comply with time and attendance policies
- Actively participate in training programmes and maximise opportunities for self-development
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and express brand standards
- Being attentive to guest
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest request
- Anticipate guests needs
- Demonstrate a ‘service’ attitude
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
Skill and Competencies
- Approachable, enthusiastic and friendly
- Ability to work in a team
- Has previous customer services experience
- Adaptable and flexible at all times
- Demonstrate high learning agility
- Have good computer skills
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.