The opportunity has arisen for a GM at the Ibis Styles Birmingham NEC.
We are looking for a dynamic, commercially aware professional to join our team. Sales and marketing, the ability to network and develop local links is vital to this role.
The NEC attracts over 500 events a year and Airport which attracts over 6 million visitors a year. An area realising significant growth provides a wealth of opportunity to run this fast changing business. The Ibis Styles is a leading brand of Accor, modern stylish with individuality.
Provide day to day leadership and direction by maximising financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and compliance, building awareness of hotel and brand across all sectors. Communicating between the operational team and the senior leadership team being the first point of contact for the hotels.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare annual capital, sales and marketing plans to forecast budgets and achieve operating results.
- Analyse financial results on a daily, weekly monthly basis to drive revenues, protecting profitability and maximum return on investment.
- Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and market share whilst working with the Sales Managers on the local corporate and leisure sectors and supporting improvements and brand awareness in the local market.
- Work with the senior team to improve property’s market position and profitability through strategic business planning and day to day management of controllable costs.
- Prepare statistical and benchmarking data to review and enhance the performance within the group.
- Develop programmes that drive improvements in management and team membership engagement and ensure that they are aligned to the Starboard ethos.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning. Establish performance and development goals, provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Oversee recruitment, salary, disciplinary, and human resources related actions are carried out in accordance with company rules and polices.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with brand standards relating to the property ensuring behaviours, licence agreement mandates are in place and consistently applied.
- Drive improvements in guest satisfaction, collaborate with colleagues and hotel teams overseeing services and programmes are in place which exceed guest expectations.
- Support and build relationships in each property with both the teams and the guests.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests and team members.
- Support the teams in raising awareness and encourage team involvement in community organisations, activities and business.
- Support the teams in the development of action plans being conscious of the environmental responsibilities to reduce the hotels carbon footprint.
- Support any group initiatives and their implementation with the operational teams.
- Carry out any tasks related to the expansion of the company.
- Complete any tasks requested in a timely manner.
- Assist with the recruitment, induction and training of new team members.
If you would like to apply for this exciting new opening, please send your full CV to email@example.com.
Submission deadline is Tuesday, 17th April!