Position: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: The hotel portfolio
Responsible to: Operations Director
Responsible for: Supporting the hotel teams in driving food and beverage revenue.
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for supporting the hotel teams in driving revenue whilst maintaining costs and ensuring the hotels are utilising the tools available in managing costs and allergens whilst meeting the needs of the guest and ensuring brand compliance.
Essential duties and responsibilities (key activities for the role but not exhaustive)
• Review the hotels offer by service and support the teams in ensuring the correct products are being purchased to meet the needs of the brand.
• Take a leading role in working with all suppliers of food and beverage to maximise leverage on price whilst monitoring quality and consistency.
• Support the hotels in the preparation of sales action plans relating to the food and beverage promotions.
• Supporting the budgeting of food and beverage as required. Support consistency in allocation of revenue splits e.g. breakfast dinner. DBB rates etc.
• Work with marketing and hotel teams on ensuring point of sale is appropriate and produced timely to maximise on revenue generation.
• Be creative in supporting the hotels in creating new seasonal, festive, meeting and event menu’s.
• Analyses the reports to ensure hotels are working to the SLA agreed with suppliers. Makes recommendations based on the available data.
• Be creative and seek opportunities to drive revenue, working with the hotel teams on a hotel by hotel basis. Support the hotels incentive programs to drive sales, create programs to spread best practice etc.
• Audit hotels and create action plans for hotels to work to- from revenue generation to cost control. Including maximising opportunities in payroll, presentation of dining rooms, standards of service from the teams, methods of working.
• Support the hotels in the training and development of the team, establishing standards of service
• Investigate and support hotels in delivering the target GP for food and beverage.
• Establishes standard for light equipment crockery glassware, paper ware etc., and communicates pricing to hotels.
• Supports the hotels and marketing in social media opportunities for F&B. Takes an active role with the PR activity in support of food and beverage opportunities.
Skills and knowledge required.
• Operational experience in a number of food and beverage establishments in order to demonstrate creative solutions in F&B.
• Experience in motivating and leading a number of teams with different objectives.
• Strong trainer- with a passion for developing people.
• Experience of delivering projects in a timely manner.
• An effective leader who can demonstrate good communication, organisational skills and live the company values in developing high performance, best in class solutions from the team and suppliers.
• Effective in change management
• Strong presentation skills both in written form and in person.
• Analytical problem solver, great influencer and motivator
• Knowledge of purchasing
• Car driver.
NB This position requires travel, good IT skills and the ability to manage their own time effectively.
To apply for this position forward your CV and any relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org