The newly renovated Ibis Birmingham Bordesley is looking for a bright, friendly and experienced Day & Night Multi-task receptionist, who is passionate about hospitality and take pride in what you do, to join our small team.
The hotel is franchised by Starboard Hotels, which is a small, professional, trusted and reliable management company.
We believe in longstanding relationships, personal service, continuous communication and delivering results.Customer service and guest satisfaction is at the heart of all our operations and management initiatives.
Overview of duties
- Welcomes guests and takes care of them from their arrival through to departure
- Attends to guests’ inquiries and answer inquirers over the phone
- Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates in the hotel
- Promotes the brand and/or Group loyalty programme
- Handles guests’ reservations, preparing invoices and taking payments
- Prepares and serves snacks or breakfasts outside of the restaurant’s opening hours
- Contributes to guests’ permanent satisfaction by providing high quality services throughout their stay
- Address any complaints guests might have in a courteous manner
- Liaises with housekeeping and maintenance
- Reports issues of maintenance and to the manager for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction
- Ensures the safety of the people and property within the hotel
- Helps meet the department’s quantitative targets by carrying out sales initiatives
- The job involves working day and night shifts
Education / Professional experience
- Vocational qualification or diploma in hospitality – food & beverage and/or any initial training
- Good knowledge of Windows
- Demonstrate high standards of spoken and written communication together with a good standard of numeracy
Skills / Qualities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, guest oriented and service minded
- Team spirit
- Self-organised with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Good crisis management skills
- Good presentation and confident speaking skills
- Sales oriented
- Minimum of 2 previous experience as a Hotel Receptionist within 2*/3* Hotel or a high quality hotel
- Knowledge of computerised hotel booking systems
If you have what it takes, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.