Being a key part of the Starboard family, all our team members need to be able to commit to:
- Happy guests
- Repeat business
- Revenue generation and growth
- Staff retention
- High performance
Based at our Regional Head office in Chorley the Cluster Groups Revenue Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the revenue management functions and strategy for a group of our hotels. This includes all room segments as well as catering and function space but will be largely focused on group business.
The Revenue Manager is also responsible for communicating and educating the hotels on correctly positioning pricing and competitively positioning each hotel, implementing restrictions where necessary whilst fully understanding the impact that they have on the hotels ability to deliver budget.
- Implement revenue management procedures and best practices
- Identify revenue opportunities
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimise and expand distribution partnerships
- Challenge and influence hotels to improve service levels and operational standards, as there is a direct correlation in rate and value
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with our Hotel management teams.
- Embed a revenue management culture
- Input , track and report on groups business across the portfolio
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotels and manage day to day yield operations.
- Perform daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies
- undergo competitor analysis; distribution management; business mix management; length of stay management; inventory by channel; pricing control and be vocal about new pricing concepts
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, Groups)
- Carry out weekly calls as per brand standard to your cluster of hotels
- oversee the group sales for the portfolio including hands on support
- Commercially minded.
- Analytical and numerically skilled
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
- Ability to work across all levels and functions of hotels’ client portfolio under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills with an ability to hold accountability and follow-through.
Experience & Qualifications
- Hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience (minimum 2 years)
- A command of written and spoken English
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies (preferable).
- Highly computer literate with a high-level command of Excel.
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS (Opera,Brilliant,Guest line) Channel Manager (Site minder, Ezy Rms) GDS, CRS, Extranets.
- Ability to analyse STR data swiftly
If you have what it takes and are looking to join a growing hotel company, please send your full CV to Paul Payne firstname.lastname@example.org!