Food and Beverage is what adds flavour to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly-prepared and beautifully presented food. Support the Head Chef to direct the operation of the kitchen, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
Duties & responsibilities
- Prepare and cook orders in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes
- Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimise waste and pilferage.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and hotel or company policies and procedures.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required; placing regular orders.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed any local laws regarding health and safety.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organised work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters.
- Follow all established safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment or any safety incident to the supervisor or manager on duty.
- May assist by performing dish washing or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- Solicit guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality.
- Assist with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
- Assist Head Chef with menu planning, whilst conscious of costs and budgeted GP.
- May assist with other duties as assigned; manage the Kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
Qualifications and requirements
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Minimum 2 years’ experience as Chef de Partie in a similar environment.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently
- Ability to comply to local laws regarding food handling or serving of alcohol
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
To apply, email your full CV to the General Manager Carrie-Louise email@example.com !