Location: Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for: Guest Service Managers
Assist the GM in his daily duties and responsibilities. Be the first point of call in his absence. Assisting to provide day to day leadership and direction by maximising financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and compliance, building awareness of hotel and brand across all sectors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction
- Analizes service issues and identifies trends
- Make and execute the necessary decisions to keep the unit moving towards achievement of goals
- Work with the General Manager to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with company’s strategy and leads its execution
- Fully accountable for team members within the unit in terms of recruitment, performance management, and Success Reviews
- Communicate a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results
- Ensure that regular, ongoing communication is happening in the unit(e.g. daily meeting, staff meetings)
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equally, within company recognized policies.
- Solicit employee feedback and review employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Liaise with HR support with any issues which may be classed as high risk
- Act as a role model in terms of values, professional ethics and conduct
- Identify training needs within the team and deliver or source appropriate training
- Communicate throughout team to ensure all members are aware of current developments within the company
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skills development.
- Ensure all appropriate IHG brand Standard Operating Procedures, Licensing and Health and Safety regulations are adhered to and implement team trainings as required.
- Respond and handles guest problems and complaints, liaising with Guest Relations as necessary.
- Reviews guest feedback with operations team and ensure corrective action is taken
- Utilise brand metrics such as Heartbeat, IHG Recognition,QEM,Brand Central to ensure quality measures are maintained throughout the company
- Liaise with housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure that cleanliness and conditions standards are met throughout the hotel
- To manage and facilitate company tools, to ensure team participation at all levels of guest engagement, service and H&S tools (Shield Yourself)
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets
- Monitor hotel operation sales performance against budget
- Review reports and financial statements to determine hotel performance against budget
- Be aware of local events, competition and planning sales activities accordingly
- Coach and support operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, payroll and controllable expenses
- Be directly involved in developing and executing revenue strategies and sales initiatives – whilst continually developing your teams to do the same.
- Co-ordinate and control with initiative all issues relating to costs, expenses, wastage, breakages, security and stock control.
- Pro-actively pursue all practices in-line with company environmental and energy saving initiatives.
- Take a pro-active approach to ensuring the continued long-term success
- Project manage any key strategic priorities ensuring effective leadership of any working party; clear, concise and timely communication to all stakeholders; development and management of associated timelines; delivery of work streams in line with agreed deadlines
- Work with key stakeholders to drive improvements to the business
- To effectively manage relationships with any agreed external contacts, professional advisors and official bodies
- Comply with the company codes of conduct at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the company policies and procedures plus employee handbook and lead by example in demonstrating behaviours that we expect all employees to display
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training and development
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
- Produce reports as required in line with current guidelines
- Attend business reviews as appropriate and actively contribute to all forums with GM
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours you are required to work, to meet the needs of the business
Do you have what it takes?
Email your CV to Richard at email@example.com