Job Title: Office Assistant
Job Band: Administration
Reports to: Tracy Morris, PA/Office Manager
Responsible for: None
Purpose of post: a) Provide all round office support for the Starboard Company
b) You will be trained to provide back up to the other members of the team in order to provide administrative support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Admin support to the team, including production of letters, memos, agendas, minutes and reports, sending faxes and using the photocopier.
- Sorting and date stamping all incoming mail, franking and sending all outgoing mail
- Responding to e-mails
- Answering the phones, directing calls to the correct person, taking and relaying messages accurately.
- To assist in the organisation of travel, meetings and appointments, book venues, and make any other arrangements as necessary
- To assist with the setup and clear down of meetings, hospitality and company events.
- Assist in the production of presentation packs and powerpoint presentations as required
- Liaise with external parties as required.
- Liaise with the Head Office and Business Managers as required.
- Have a confident telephone manner.
- To carry out Reception duties with a professional manner.
Other – assist as necessary with the following items
- Assist in the ordering and stock control of office supplies such as catering, stationery and cleaning materials.
- Assist in the smooth running and up keep of the office identifying maintenance, housekeeping and any other issues.
- Prepare Director’s expenses.
- To deal with any administrative duties as they arise.
- Assist the Office Manager and Directors as required.
- To work within Company standards, policies and procedures to ensure adequate service provision.
- Identify improvements to processes and systems and report these.
- Ensure work is organised such that you can identify backlogs/work to be completed.
- Assist in maintaining the Company’s document control system.
- Assist the team to achieve its deadlines.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Accurate, organised and efficient worker
- Good Communication skills
- Team Player
- Friendly and helpful manner
- Basic computer knowledge
- Confident phone manner.
- Be willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Have the enthusiasm to work in this energetic office environment
The post holder may be directed from time to time by the PA/Office Manager and Directors to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with his/her post, grade, knowledge and experience.
Please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!